Comment on this article

Fig Sidecar
A Beverly Hills Polo Lounge original holiday recipe
from the kitchen of Sharmagne Leland-St. John

Per serving:
2 ounces fig infused Remy 1738
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Lemon twist, for garnish

For the fig infused Cognac:
Black mission figs, destemmed and cut in half
1 bottle Remy Martin 1738 Cognac (750 mL)
Spiced brown sugar simple syrup

Fill a 2 Liter mason jar with the figs. Fill the jar
with 90% Remy 1738 Cognac and the remaining 10%
with Homemade Spiced Brown Sugar Simple Syrup.
Cover lid and refrigerate for one week to allow flavors
to infuse. Strain to remove figs, seeds or sediment.
Pour contents into clean bottle and label.

For the brown sugar syrup:
2 cups dark brown sugar
2 cups water
3 cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 vanilla bean, split

Put brown sugar and water in a medium sized saucepan and
bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add cloves,
cinnamon sticks and split vanilla bean. Simmer for an
additional five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Strain to remove cloves, cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean.
Cover and refrigerate.

To Serve:
Sugar the rim of a martini glass and chill.

Fill a martini shaker with ice and add the Cognac, Cointreau
and lemon juice. Shake briskly and pour into the chilled
martini glass. Garnish with a spiral lemon twist.

This recipe contains alcohol which has been known to cause birth defects in pregnant women.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.

Return to:

[New] [Archives] [Join] [Contact Us] [Poetry in Motion] [Store] [Staff] [Guidelines]